PEI Express Entry Accepting Applications for 2018
If you want to be a permanent resident in Prince Edward Island, you can now apply for PEI Express Entry through the PEI Provincial Nominee (PEI PNP) Program. Having a PEI PNP nomination will add great value to your application for Express Entry by increasing your chance to get an Invitation to Apply from the Federal Government.
Can you apply?
Yes, but only if you are eligible. You will get the nomination through the Express Entry if you meet the following requirements:
- You must fulfill the requirements of at least one of the following Federal Economic Immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program;
- Federal Skilled Trades Program; or
- Canadian Experience Class.
- You must create a Federal Express Entry Profile through IRCC. Besides, you should be placed in the pool of candidates.
What makes you ineligible to apply?
There are some certain factors that may make you ineligible to apply for PEI Express Entry. You may not be able to apply if you:
- Are currently working on a post-graduate open work permit, but don’t meet the following conditions required for applying:
- You don’t have a minimum of 4 months experience of full-time working under a PEI employer.
- You don’t have a minimum of 4 months remaining before your work permit is expired at the time of the submission of your application to the province.
- You are currently living in Canada illegally. For example, you came to Canada on a study permit, but not studying.
How do you apply?
Upon meeting the eligibility criteria, you can now apply for PEI Express Entry Program. To know the procedure, please read the Express Entry Guide. You can easily apply by following these procedures:
- First, you must create a profile in the Prince Edward Island Expression of Interest System. You must provide a valid email address, identification information and passport details to create the profile.
- You can proceed to complete your profile once your account has been verified. Remember, you can have only one active profile at any one time.
- All the information you provide must be accurate and verifiable.
- You may update your profile if the situation changes before you get the invitation to apply.
- If the situation changes after you get the invitation to apply, you must contact the office with your new information. It may influence the overall decision on your file.
- If you are invited to apply, you must complete the application forms. You will receive an email, which includes your file, as well as the instructions on how you will submit your file.
- You must pay $300 application fee, which you will attach with the complete application package and submit to the Office of Immigration.
- You must fill up the following forms:
- EE -01: Express Entry Application Form
- EE-02: Express Entry Consent to Validate
- EE-03: Express Entry Information Release Form for Applicant and Spouse Declaration
- You can submit your application in two ways:
- In person: 94 Euston Street (2nd floor), Charlottetown, PEI
- Via courier or mail package: Office of Immigration
94 Euston Street, 2nd Floor
PO Box 1176
Canada C1A 7M8
- If PEI selects you for the nomination, accept the nomination through your MyCIC account online.
- Submit an electronic application for permanent residency along with all your supporting documents and fees through your MyCIC account once you get the invitation to apply by IRCC.
- Besides, you must complete all federal forms, which are applicable from the Federal Application Package for Provincial Nominees.
- It’s not necessary to consult a lawyer. However, if you are hiring a lawyer, make sure they are registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council, or the lawyer must be in good standing with a Provincial Law Society.
- You must maintain your legal status in Canada. You should not depend on PEI Express Entry if your work permit is about to expire. However, you may be eligible for a nomination through one of the other streams if you are currently working on PEI. In that case, you may get an employer-specific letter of support for a work permit extension, which will be issued with the nomination.
An EOI is not an application. It’s a hint that you are interested in being considered to apply to the PEI PNP Express Entry. The office has all the rights to limit intake or make any exclusion from Expressions of Interest draws.
At INFO Immigration Centre for Application Inc., you will get all the necessary information about Prince Edward Island Express Entry Program. Just submit us your resume and we will help you with your application. For more information, please contact us.