Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Renewal
Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program is also known as MPNP. Recently, the governments of Canada and Manitoba have agreed on the renewal of the MPNP, which will enhance the competitiveness of the province for global skills. Apart from improving the economic competitiveness, the MPNP renewal draws attention to new investment, brings up a skilled workforce, and encourages new immigration, thus forms the province’s 10 points economic plan.
Foreign nationals interested to live in Manitoba will be able to apply for the following revised application streams:
- International Education Stream (IES)
- Business Investor Stream (BIS)
- Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM)
- Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO)
In order to make sure that each and every provincial nominee can meet the clearly defined labour market, as well as economic needs in Manitoba, each of the above-mentioned streams will include more flexible pathways. Potential MPNP candidates will clearly communicate these priorities through an In-Demand Occupation List, which is regularly updated with the occupations listed reference Edition 2016 of the National Occupation Classification (NOC).
International Education Stream (IES)
Under the new International Education Stream (IES), international students who are graduating in Manitoba will meet the requirements of industry faster pathways to the nomination.
The International Education Stream (IES) has one pathway:
- Career Employment Pathway: International students will receive a faster nomination in STEM program through an internship that contributes to industry innovation in Manitoba with the help of the Career Employment Pathway. And the best part is, post-secondary graduates with a long-term employment in an In-demand Occupation, which is compatible with their training, do not have to work for 6 months before they apply to the MPNP.
Business Investor Stream (BIS)
It is the replacement of the current PNP-B business immigration category. Under this stream, entrepreneurs and qualified business investors from around the world who want to and can start or purchase a business in Manitoba within the first 24 months of their arrival in Canada will be recruited and nominated. Under this renewed stream, foreign nationals who are applying under this category don’t have to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba government.
Business Investor Stream has two pathways:
- The Entrepreneur Pathway: Foreign nationals who want to start a business in Manitoba can be nominated under this stream. They must have at least 3 years of full-time work experience as a business owner to get nominated.
- The Farm Investor Pathway: this pathway is for those individuals who want to start and operate a farm in rural Manitoba. They must have enough money to invest, and proven farm business experience to be nominated under this category.
Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM)
It’s a locally driven stream that selects workers based on the requirements of Manitoba employers. Experienced and internationally trained foreign workers with skills needed in the local labour market can be nominated under this category.
SKilled Worker in Manitoaba has two pathways:
- Manitoba Work Experience Pathway: this pathway is for those foreign nationals who are currently working in Manitoba with temporary work permits. This pathway also includes temporary foreign workers with 6 months experience in Manitoba’s published in-demand jobs, international students who are out of province graduates but have 12 months experience in Manitoba’s published in-demand jobs, international graduates who graduated from Manitoba but in occupations not on Manitoba’s published in-demand jobs, as well as temporary foreign workers with 12 months of experience in occupations not on Manitoba’s published In-Demand Occupations list.
- Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway: this is an employer-driven pathway where foreign nationals have job offers from pre-approved Manitoba employers. Applicant must have 3 years of relevant experience.
Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO)
International skilled workers who have in-demand skills and training, and the ability to set up a strong labour market for their related occupations can apply under this stream. Applicants will get a new pathway to be qualified for the federal Express Entry program.
Skilled Worker Overseas Stream will have two pathways:
- Manitoba Express Entry Pathway: Applicants with close family connections in Manitoba and spouses with training, experience and language proficiency to quickly get jobs in-demand occupation will get the priority. Applicants who are eligible under another MPNP stream while meeting the Express Entry criteria can apply through this pathway.
- Human Capital Pathway: this pathway is for those foreign nationals who have skills and training aligned with Manitoba’s published In-Demand Occupations list. They must also have the potential to set up strong labour market related to their occupations soon after they arrive in Manitoba.
INFO Immigration Centre for Application Inc. will provide you all the necessary information for applying under any of these streams. Just submit us your resume and we will let you know in which category you’re eligible to apply. For more information, please contact us.