Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

ECA or Educational Credential Assessment means to research your educational achievements and compare them with Canadian available educational standards. There are few authorized organisations to certify your educational achievements for an equivalent Canadian standard.

Below we have listed the name of those designated organizations from where you can get your ECA. Remember, ECA’s only from these organizations will be accepted.

Upon assessing your education, you will get the report showing what your education is equal to in Canada.

There will be a fixed date for issuing the assessments by these organizations. Assessments only issued on or after that day will be accepted. If you get your assessment before that date, please contact your organization and ask them to re-issue the ECA.

Organization list:

Education Organization Designated
For most foreign education Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies April 17, 2013
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada April 17, 2013
World Education Services April 17, 2013
International Qualifications Assessment Service August 6, 2015
International Credential Evaluation Service August 6, 2015
Specialist Physician (NOC code 3111) Medical Council of Canada April 17, 2013
General practitioner/Family physician (NOC Code 3112)
Pharmacist (NOC Code 3131) Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada January 6, 2014

For the pharmacist (NOC Code 3131), ECA from the above-mentioned organization will be needed only if you need a license to practice in a hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, and long-term care facility.

However, for government jobs or a job in a pharmaceutical industry, where you don’t need a license to practice, you can get your assessment from any other designated ECA organization.

If you have any confusion regarding ECA, you must contact the regulatory body of the province you’ve decided to live.

At INFO Immigration Centre for Application Inc., you will get all the necessary information about Educational Credential Assessment. Just submit us your resume and we will help you find out from where you can get your ECA. For more information, please contact us.